University has following seven hostels for boys and girls:
1. Sultan Razia Girls Hostel
2. Rufaida School of Nursing (UG) Girls Hostel
3. Annemarie Schimmel (PG) Girls Hostel
4. Ibn-e-Sina (PG) Girls Hostel
5. Al-Biruni (UG) Boys Hostel
6. Ibn-e-Batuta (PG) Boys Hostel
7. Jawaharlal Nehru International Boys Hostel (for Foreign/NRI).
8. A Hostel for 200 girl students is under construction.
In view of limited hostel accommodations, the students should note
that their admission to University does not guarantee allotment of
hostel accommodation. Annual hostel charges are payable in advance
at the time of allotment. It will be incumbent upon the student
admitted to the hostel to join the mess and pay mess charges for
three months in advance at the rates prescribed from time to time.
Mess charges may be revised at any time due to escalation in the
prices of food items. The Hostel mess will be managed on
co-operative basis under the supervision of hostel authorities, on
no profit-no loss basis. The University will provide infrastructural
facilities and the manpower required to operate the mess. Availing
of the Mess will be compulsory for the allottees of Jamia Hamdard
Hostels w.e.f. July 2012. The students admitted to the hostel are
entitled to stay in the hostel during the academic session only and
are required to vacate the rooms during the summer vacations for
maintenance work. Washing clothes inside the hostel premises is not
allowed. University has made arrangement of mechanical laundry for
washing 50 clothes per month for hostel inmates at a nominal rate.
The Hostel inmates will be required to comply with the rules and
regulations as per ‘Jamia Hamdard Hostel Bye-laws”. Due to
acute shortage of hostel accommodation it will not be possible at
present to provide hostel accommodation to the students of the
1. All Certificate and Diploma Programmes (except DGNM)
2. Students whose parents or guardians are resident of Delhi,
Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Gurgaon and NOIDA.
3. Residential proof is required at the time of submitting
Hostel application form.
It may also be noted that married students who intend to stay with
their family should make their own arrangements outside the campus.
University does not provide family Hostel accommodation.